Thread: Cadillac
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #19
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

There are those (including Wayne and me) who wear both a belt and suspenders with their elastic-waist pants and there are those who don't:-). That difference in personality is often seen here and likely accounts for the different advice given. I've been on both sides of this discussion having towed a 2619 with first a minivan and now a moderate-size truck. Both work and We've never had an ounce of trouble towing with either. Others may may not always be as lucky.

I do feel a need to point out that over the years there have been three accidents reported here and, if my memory serves me correctly, all involved mid-size SUVs. One was from over-correcting after drifting off the hwy, one was caused by one or more blown tires on the TV and I forget what happened with the third. That's not many accidents considering the likely towing miles we accumulate so I guess my point is that we are accepting increased risk should an extreme situation occur every time we hook any size trailer behind any size vehicle. What is acceptable risk depends on our tolerence for such things.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote