Thread: Cadillac
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #18
Geoffrey Card

Default Cadillac

I have been trying to present a balanced picture to the new owner who was intersted in towing his TM2720 with a lighter and more fuel efficient vehicle. Two years ago when I was at this stage of ownership I was nearly put of the whole venture by comments in this forum which tried to make me believe that I would have to purchase a large V8 truck to safely tow a 2619 or 2720; thank heavans that I also heard from owners who safely pulled these same TM's with Toyota V6 Highlanders and similar mid sized SUV's. The smaller TM's equate with the European two wheeled caravans (trailers), my own considerable experience in Europe towing caravans with 4 and 6 cylinder sedans made me believe that the smaller TM could safely be towed with a Highlander which is a larger, stronger and more powerful than many European vehicles.

Whilst it may have been acceptable in the past to own and operate oversized and very thirsty vehicles I would suggest that in this age of global warming and dwindling resources it is time for some rethinking. The Trailmanor fits in well with the current trend to introduce new technologies and with these to design much more fuel efficient vehicles with considerably lower enviromentally damaging emissions. I would be intersted in the TM manufactuers comments and what their policy is going to be to future product design in this rapidly changing world.

The Higlander handled the journey to Alaska with ease and returned just over 18mpg for 9,300+ miles.
Geoff Card