Thread: Cadillac
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:23 AM   #16
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Wayne, I'm with you. I always error on the "bigger is better side." Therefore I made sure my TV could pull 7,000 lbs even though we bought a 2720SL.

I have always been that way… I bought a bigger generator for our house, a more powerful PC, and a stronger hydraulic jack; all because I wanted to be more safe than sorry.

Even when I was young and didn’t have much I would prefer to save up and buy the best, because I knew I wouldn’t be happy with less.

However, the majority dictates that "price" rules instead of "quality" or "safety".

Over the years I have learned it is OK for me to be in the minority. I am happy with my choices, just as those who choose the other path.

Keith

EDIT!!!

After re-reading this I realized I might come across as being arrogant. I don’t mean it that way at all. It is just that people are different, and we each have to determine what is the best for ourselves.

The issue here is not if you can tow with a TV rated at 5,000 lbs., we know it can be done. Some will do it and never have a problem. Some will have a problem though, and I just hope I am not in their way when they do…
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote