Thread: Cadillac
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #15
Magdefrau

I need to type a complete epic of our trip from Arkansas to California in our 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan and 2004 TM 3023.

I been working six days a week at the Chicken plant so I have not been real active on the web as of late. They say... we will be off this weekend so maybe I feel more like typing.

I enjoy reading folks thoughts and concerns. All of which are within my mind. Tow capacity of vehicles are quite a brain tease. I think the mathimatical equation must pivits on how fast you want to go, how steep the climb, how warm the air temperture might be. Money is the limiting factor.

Bottom line, we pulled the TM fully loaded with clothen, food, dishes and all sort of stuff for the four of us. And a cooler full of ice cold diet sam choice cokes from Wal-Mart. 4k if us friends will tell the truth. And a box of rocks from the mountains. We pulled it up Wolf Pass in Colorado. It was cold that afternoon, low 40's, snow under the trees. Most likly the steepest grade allowed by practical road builders. I creeped at 25mph's for a few minutes. Along with some tractor trailers. The van wanted to over heat, the needle passed the mid point,no steam. So I stopped twice on a pull off and opened the hood. But, We made it with no mechenical problems. Just a math problem to live with. Another TM with a larger TV made the same trip that day with us. Their rig struggled also, maybe not as much as us. They had put more cash on the table than I for thier TV. They where so fun to visit with. Really nice folks. The pass wasn't the topic of disscussion as we had both made the trip in good order. But the function of our refrigerater. It seems that thay just donot work well in high altitudes. I was sad that my suger free icecream bars were melted between camp sites. Once we got back to Oklahoma this wasnot a problem. I think that is why God vacations in Arkansas and not out west.

I know a Grand Caravan rated at 3k pull capacity can work.

We stopped twice at a Camper World and tried to find something to buy for our TM. We toured the huge GreyHound campers. Oh my! I want one of those. How do folks come up with that amount of fun money...I want to know....I want to know.

Really, I will always be found happy in our TM.

We saw A Bear in Yosemite. Really...as we started to leave the picnic area it walked over to the table we had eaten at. It had a tag on it's ear. My kids cried as this bears will get trapped a second time, surely. Saddly this will end the bear's life. So, please be bear safe....don't feed the bears so they will not see people as a source of food. This bear acted as if folks had thrown hot dogs at it. I type this for the tears my 16 year old daughter lost at Yosemite.