View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

We have a 2006 2720SL that we found on Craigs List a year ago July. We lucked out and it was advertised as a 2005 and had only been used three times before the owner's husband passed away. She stored in her garage after that and it appeared almost new, even down to the new car smell. She gave us a great deal since she wasn't sure if the fridge worked or there were other problems. Everything worked except for a leak in the shower faucet. Also had to replace the outdoor shower faucet and a few dried seals from not being used. I was able to use seal lubricant in the Thetford and it works fine.

We upgraded to 15" wheels and tires and made some mods to make it our own, but no major problems. We've been doing a lot of traveling in the TM this year, so we're shaking out some bugs, just like in new house (loose screws here and there, reinforcing the fire extinguisher holder and over the sink cabinet. We're also replacing caulk and had to fix one of the front pieces of trim coming loose. We expected some to do some of these things, just like buying an older house, but so far, things are pretty good.

The slide can be heavy if we put a lot of items on it while we camp. But it's not that bad, especially if I have the kid help pull it out. But it's light enough that one person can pull out or push in just fine. Done it quite a few times on my own.

Good luck and let us know what you finally get. It took us over two years of looking to find just the right TM at the right price. But for us, it was worth the wait!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote