View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
yoda911

Default Newcomer needs advice

I am new to this site and am very impressed with its content. I am also very impressed with the TM design and am considering getting our first camper, either the 2720SL or the 2720SD. Hope I am asking this in the right place but I am looking for some advice from the expert users of TM's. My TV is an 07' RX 350 with towing package, tow max at 3500lb, tongue weight max at 350lb (I realize the TM tongue weight is at or above this but a local dealer said it would do fine). I am installing the P3 brake controller and have the Reese 350lb weight distribution hitch. We tend to travel light and camp light so I think I can keep the loaded weight down. I looked at 2010 and 2011 2720SLs and was very impressed with the ease of the manual slide mechanism and how clean/neat the tongue area was. Unfortunately we cannot afford anything newer than the 06', 07', 08' range. One of the used models had much more clutter and iron up front than the newer models have and the slides don't seem as smooth as the newer ones. Was there a design change to the front end and front slide other than the swing hitch? So far, the used ones we have seen have lived a hard life and need a lot of TLC but are still asking 20% over NADA high values. Any insight from this forum would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
yoda911 is offline   Reply With Quote