View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
If I ever need to replace the horizontal tanks on my 2004 2720SL, I will replace them with the vertical tanks. I can't understand for the life of me why they put horizontal tanks on this trailer. Vertical tanks would work just fine, they hold more usable propane and they are a lot less hassle.

As you can see from the attached pics, there is clearly no need for horizontal tanks in the open or closed position (or anywhere in between).
Wayne - It looks like your TM was made in a "transition" year. Older SL-models, like mine, have their tanks sitting on top of the tongue. Thus, my slideout has a cutout for the tanks, just like your slide out does. However, on newer SL-models, the tanks sit below the tongue, like yours do, but the slideout does not have a cutout. This gives more storage area in the slideout, but once again necessitates the need for horizontal tanks.

I'm not sure about your comment of having more usable propane in vertical tanks. The bottom of a vertical tank is not nearly as concave as the bottom (i.e. side) of a horizontal tank, so whatever the difference, my guess is it's negligible. But I'm sure you'll agree this disparity is a minor factor compared to the hassle factor and cost of replacement.

EDIT: Tim responded while I saw typing, and supplied a picture, which, as usual, is worth about 1000 words.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote