View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #7
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
I knew that I would have to junk my old 5 prong connection for a 7 prong. One of my questions was can the installer use the existing five wires and add two more.

I will need to use an installer. Has anybody used U-haul to add a brake controller? I live in Birmingham, AL but the nearest Camping World is 60 miles away. I need suggestions where to find installers.

What should I expect as a reasonable cost for the installation?
The existing 5 wires are all good and they can just add the new ones. Any good RV dealer can do this, but the cost will probably vary regionally and among dealers. This should be a good time of year to get it done because they won't be as busy with installs for their own sales business as they will be in the spring.

I'd expect U-haul to be able to bolt on a hitch receiver (heck, that's the easy part of the job: a one guy-one wrench 30 minutes or less for most of us). But I'd expect Uhaul to be not so strong on weight distribution hitches or brake controllers where experience, installation adjustments, and a little advice can be real useful.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote