View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 07:01 AM   #15
PopBeavers

What may not be obvious in this thread is that some of us never have access to shore power, meaning we can not use ceramic heaters and electric blankets, while others spend most if not all of the time in RV parks where they have access to shore power.

I have no other viable choice but to use the propane furnace.

We have no problem with just the TM mattress pad plus our TravaSaks.

If I were going somewhere even colder I think the bubble wrap under the mattres would be something I would consider. I'm certain it would help and be very easy to do. I don't like the idea of the backpacking pads on top of the mattress, as I roll around a lot. I have several because I also do some backpacking. I suppose they could be placed under the mattress, but I think that might make it lumpy.

I also have several Space Blankets. That might be helpful under the mattress, but I have also never tried that. By allowing the Space Blanket to wrap up the wall around the mattress on the three exterior sides that might also block a bit of minor draft.

The one thing that, clearly, helps the most is too make sure that there are no drafts. I fixed the one behind the wardrobe. The door has been a bit of a problem for me, especially at the bottom. But replacing all of the foam and adjusting the bottom seal has eliminated the need to place a towel on the floor to block the draft at the door bottom.

I think it would do rather well, but there would be some adjustments to make beyond the way the factory ships it.