View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 06:43 AM   #22
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Default 2010 Toyota Highlander Tow Rating

Sorry, I haven't had time for this in the last few days. We've been talking about the GCWR formula and Toyotas for years, and despite posting pictures of my weight placard and copies of owners manual pages, doubt remains. And of course, Toyota has changed a lot of things since they built mine, maybe they've changed this, too.

What we need, but do not have for our forum experts, are these missing parameters, and we will all be at risk of operating a few bricks short of a load here until we have the actual numbers for the 2010 Toyota Highlander referenced at the top of this thread. We are also at risk of spending the rest of our days having to hear about what other people know for sure about their own vehicles whenever someone asks a question about a Toyota Highlander.

1) Gross Vehicle weight rating - It's on the placard on the driver side door post.

2) Gross Combined Weight Rating - The maximum trailer + tow vehicle combo allowed by the manufacturer. Mine is buried deep in the owners manual on one of the pages that talks about towing. In my case, the number is exactly 3500# greater than the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (I have a 3500# tow rating). In my case, that means I can load the tow vehicle to gross and still tow a full 3500# and be in spec.

3) The vehicle curb weight - We can get this from the sales stuff on the Toyota site, if necessary.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote