View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #22
EAKlebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
Definitely get the brake controller AND new tires. They're too old. You're just asking for a blowout running tires that old. Buy three new ones before you go anywhere else. Read the posts here about the recommended types, sizes, load range, brands, etc. to buy. Having to deal with a blowout when you're out looking to have a fun weekend camping takes a lot of the "fun" out of it.

We have a Chevy 1500 and we do fine without a weight distributing hitch, but I don't know about your TV so I don't feel qualified to give you an opinion about it.
As the attached photo indicates, there may have been a blowout in the past,
this is taken beneath the sink and the hole in the paneling is behind the refrigerator, It sure looks like something broke through, and the wheel well looks bulged. Also I pumped up the tires. All of them were down about 20 pounds. The spare has only 20 pounds in it. When I pumped it up, it looked fine -- in fact it still had those little rubber whiskers that are typical of new tires, but I just happened to again check the tire pressure and the tire valve broke off. This spare was a Carlisle and had a date code of 298, so it was probably one of the originals.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010270.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	4723