View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsbrat View Post
New prospective owner here. We're looking at a new or late-model TM in lieu of a Class C. (I like the 3023, on paper anyway, and my wife prefers the 2720SL.) We have a couple of show dogs (one conformation, one agility) and go to shows every so often. We've been suffering through them in a tiny Coachmen popup with no lav, so you can guess how well that's going!

I'm curious how well the TM blanks outdoor sounds -- particularly dogs barking. Also, in moderate winds, do the walls shake or rattle? Any drafts?

Recently we bought my mother in law a Winnebago that she uses for dog shows. We'd rather have a trailer so we can have a vehicle at the show site, and a TM is ideal because we have an oversized, 32-foot-long garage that, unfortunately, has only an 8-by-8 door, so that means an upright or a motorhome would need to be stored at additional cost.

Finally, are there any other competitors to consider? I've found Hi-Lo, but their floor plans don't work and they're too heavy for my Honda Pilot. We'd like the ability to sleep at least 4, with a "living room" rather than just a bed and galley/dinette.
The TM is as quiet as any travel trailer and quieter than some. They're pretty well insulated. We've camped in 30MPH winds and slept right through it. We came from a Coleman Pop-Up so we know what you're concerned about. The TM is more like a hard-side travel trailer.

As for the Honda Pilot. You may be really pushing the limits to tow any TM fully loaded with passengers, fuel and cargo in that tow vehicle. Check-out what your GCWR (Gross COMBINED Weight Rating) is. Add up all of the goodies, fuel and passengers that you will be carrying in your combination. I think that you may be over-weight.

Pay little attention to the Tow Rating on the vehicle. That only tells you the Max weight that the vehicle is able to tow with no passengers and cargo, a 150 driver and 5 gal of gas (sometimes less).