View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #5
ksm1267

Great reply grakin, thanks for the detailed info-I think I'll break my TM down once a week and tow it in to a dump station to avoid some of the hassle of extra tanks, etc. I'm with you on the towing on ice though- not gonna do it so I'll have to have a backup plan for that contingency. Not too worried about October, just November. What other trailer could i consider that would have a winter usable water system that my Saturn Vue with 3500 pounds tow rating could pull? I'm pretty sure Trailmanor is the only option for me because I'm unwilling to upgrade my tow vehicle right now and I don't want to sacrifice the amenities and space a trailmanor can give me.

So is there no way to winterize the TM's plumbing to keep water running below freezing? The fresh water tank and all the lines are in the heated space of the trailer like the toilet aren't they (under the kitchen sink)? If i'm hooked to city water in a park, i could foresee problems at the connection point outside, but boondocking I could just have extra water in the trailer and refill the tank from that and keep the furnace set to keep the inside at least above freezing even when I'm away from the trailer right? Aren't TM's water lines supposed to stand up to freezing well? Is there no cost effective way to keep them from freezing when the temp drops below 32 degrees?

Actually, I'll probably only be in the trailer from 6-7 PM until 6 AM except weekends- I'll be at my new workplace attending classes and training the rest of the time.