View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 02:13 AM   #13
Duane C.

Hi TM Family,

We are on our second TM. We sold our 1999 2720 SL last year and the phone was busy ringing with buyers. We listed it at the NADA price and the first person to see it bought it. It became a problem with others that same day giving offers much over the asking price, but I gave my word so it was sold.
We were looking for a TM because of all the things mentioned previously by other very SMART owners who value the combo of quality, light weight and solid engineering in an RV. We purchased both units used and paid a great cash price from the same dealer! (Talk about favor!)
We feel TM as a company will continue to thrive in this market. A big motor home or rig and 5th wheel is great for some but we aren't full time. A TM just makes sense to us and it's kind of like an insider secret among owners who smile kindly at the wacky questions we get asked about the trailer.
We also think it's great to be able to use it more, tow it easier and enjoy having it parked at home not at storage. Take a look at what you see when you drive by the RV storage sites, no TM's I bet.
I would not hesitate in buying a 2000 or newer unit. The core design has been very simular over the recent years and any questions you had on particular years can be posed to the TM dealer or on this Forum. Hope you take the plunge and join us, the waters fine!