View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
nonichris

Default Twin Travasaks

I didn't realize that what my mother had given us was two old (about 20 years) twin Travasaks...personally, I would never buy that size..the way they are made with zippers on both sides is very uncomfortable for me as a twin..when I realized what they were after ordering the new Queen sized Travasaks, I took the twins and zipped them together..I can use them that way on the queen sized bed in the guest room of our house, but there is an uncomfortable gap in the middle where the sheets don't come together and the zipper goes up. I know they are not meant to be zipped together, but that is the only way I can stand sleeping in them. They are extremely well made, but after studying them it is obvious that I could make something similar, especially the sheets, for much less money, as the sheets are simply double length sheet material with velcro strips on the sides. I got the two queen size Travasaks in the percale material for 299.00 total on the internet..the micro suede was a lot more expensive. The whole point of the Travasak is that you don't need to tuck in sheets and can lay the whole thing out on the bed...and it looks nice.