View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 07:49 AM   #10
Joseph

Default More is better!... just kidding..:)

Looking for any advice regarding to see if anyone has been in the same boat and what were some of the reason they went for a 2720sd or a 3023.

I have a 2720SL. See signature. Have had it for about a year now. To tell you the truth even though I do not need it I wish I had sprung for a bigger TM. While the 2720 serves the wife and I quite well, I could see where a family of four could better be served by a larger TM. However, I would not tow it with anything that could not handle 6000 lbs at the very least. Experience has taught that the folks who make trailers tend to think they are lighter than they really are and that we will not use up all that wonderful storage space they sold us on.. Experience has also taught that the manufacture of tow vehicles are optimistic in their towing capacities. While the numbers provided from these fine folks may be true as each trailer and tow vehicle roll off the assembly line they very often do not hold up in the real world after a time. Keeping a little space between the numbers of towing capacity and trailer weight seems like a good idea to me.