View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #14
camp2canoe

It looks as though most of your inquiries have been handled so I'll address your front hitch comment. I am a true believer in having a front receiver installed on any TV. I have years of towing experience with sailboats and consider myself a pretty good trailer backer, but it makes SUCH a difference when you can see what you are doing. You can also make very precise steering inputs as you don't need to be turning the entire TV before turning the TM. My driveway has both a hump and a curve. The garage doors are just inches wider than the TM. For me the front hitch means that I won't be scraping the logo off the awning (again). It is also invaluable for backing into primitive campsites where you may need to manuver between trees. Lastly, the front hitch is, as alluded to, a great place to carry a bicycle rack as you can keep an eye on them and don't need to worry about backing into something and ruining a nice bike. Yakima makes a front rack accessory and a canoeing friend uses that to carry a kayak way forward when towing his 5th wheel. Welcome to the TM family! - camp2canoe