Thread: 2619 or 2720?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
camp2canoe

Just my two cents worth. I bought a new 2619 in 2005 and was limited to either the 2619 or the 27 series by garage length - my TV is overkill. I bought the 2619 as the 2720SL would have required modification of our indoor/outdoor kennel in the garage. I have regretted that decision ever since and wish we had the larger bed, additional storage and mainly the living area of the larger unit. We generally camp with just the 2 of us and our labrador retriever so extra beds has only been an issue when we drag out the TM to use as guest quarters when hosting large family gatherings. My research indicates that TMs actually depreciate a little slower than other TTs due to initial quality. It makes sense to me that a TM is best stored in the folded position but, having said that, what a luxury it would be if the garage was tall enough to store extended. I share the reservations of other forum contributors with reference to just getting by on TV capacity - with my full size F150 I often forget that I'm towing the TM and don't use an equalizing hitch. In three years of fairly hard use and some nasty secondary roads, I'm pretty content with TM construction and have experienced no leaks. Sure do wish we would have modified that kennel and bought the 2720 though! - camp2canoe