View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #17
Freedom

I think where the confusion comes in is that a 26 ft travel trailer isn't 26 feet long either. In Washington, and I think most other states, you license a travel trailer by the "overall" length. That means from the very front of the coupler on the tongue to the back of the spare tire cover on the back - or whatever is farthest back. So when you translate that into the size of the actual living space of the trailer, you have to subtract 4+ feet depending on the length of the tongue and whatever sticks out the farthest in the back so your 26' trailer just became 21 or 22 feet of "living space". The RV industry picked up on this and over-rated all travel trailers as being 4+ feet longer than they actually are. TrailManor took it one step farther, claiming that when the 2619 is set up, the living space is equivalent to the living space in a standard 26 travel trailer which isn't 26 feet. I just went out and measured my 2619 from the back to the front of the front rock guard and it's 275 inches on the outside. Now usable space inside is way under that. It's all a game of mirrors and slight of hand. All trailer manufacturers play this game and the worst part of it is that it's legal! Talk about false advertising! Where's the FTC when you need them!