View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Does your vehicle, to be used for the test drive, have a 7-pin Bargman trailer electrical connector, and a brake controller? If so, come on by, and you can test drive my TM. We will do it on a Sunday, and I will choose the route and ride with you. Some turnpike, some city streets (well, we don't really have cities in Maine ...) and some residential streets. No gravel pits.

If your vehicle is not set up for towing, I will let you drive my TM and your tow vehicle around the neighborhood, but no more. Same deal, I will ride shotgun. Lack of brakes and lights is a big deal, so I'm sure you understand.

If you would like to rent a tow vehicle, properly set up for towing, I'm not sure you would learn anything. You would be getting used to the new tow vehicle more than getting used to the trailer.

With a Tahoe, towing will be effortless. The new Tahoes, at any rate, are rated to tow 8000 pounds or so. A loaded TM will weigh about half that, so it will be almost transparent to you.

For now, don't worry about backing. That is a learned skill, and not as hard as it sounds. And it is separate from the question "Is it easy to tow?"

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote