View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #18
CampingFools

Ditto to not buying a used TM, 2417 or no, that didn't have a bathroom.

One thing we appreciate about the bathroom walls of our 2417, is the ability to hang things using over the door hooks in the gap between the top of the wall and the ceiling. Given how limited storage is in the 2417, this is extremely useful, plus it allows me to keep our trailer looking tidy. (A big thing for me, what can I say. )

I believe we may have been the very first purchasers of a from-the-factory 2417 (vs the no-bathroom prototypes they initially shipped to dealers). In addition to options, we requested that the dividing panel in the rear storage area be removed in order to open up the space, and that a small access door be cut into the dining seat that didn't have one so we could utilize it for additional storage, even if limited (it was big enough to store a small electric heater, fan, and George Foreman grill).

We have over 150 nights in our 2417 so far, with plans to put another 150 nights on it in 2014. We hit the 6,500 mile mark two weeks ago, discovering that that appeared to be the max mileage for the tires in the process. So far, that's the only repair item we've encountered, other than some small tweaks we had the dealer do after each trip while it was still under warranty.