View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
daveinfl

Default Follow-up

Thanks to everyone for your reply. This is new to my wife and I. I camped when young. I'm now 60 and it just sounds like fun again.

I have looked at all aspects. Upgrading to a larger vehicle for a larger travel trailer, an RV (which is intriguing but comes with a boatload of additional expenses), budget, etc. I didn't want to spend to much money in the beginning in case my wife didn't care for it. This past summer we hiked part of the Camino de Santiago (The Way) in Spain. I didn't think she would enjoy that. But she proved me wrong.

What I like about the TrailManor is that it will fit in my garage. We live in a condo community and have a two car garage. I have measured it and it seems like it will fit fine. I don't anticipate dry camping (unless we have a hurricane and my house blows away). For my wife the bathroom is important especially at night. For me, I can make my way to the camp facilities.

Turns out the TrailManor we were looking at sold. Another one came up today. It is an 06 for $13000.00. It has been garaged and has new Kumho Load range D tires with less than 500 miles. The owner enclosed all of the plumbing underneath with Diamond Plate aluminum for additional protection. It sounds like he has taken good care of it.

Again, thanks for the advice (and for my long windedness).
daveinfl is offline   Reply With Quote