View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

I would go to the RV Show about every year, sometimes skipping a year. My first camper was a Coleman Grandview SP and thought it was a great camper. No regrets since it was the perfect unit for us. But I would see many manufacturers, including Coleman, getting "cheaper made" as years went on. The price would go up and the quality would go down.

In my opinion, TrailManor units got better and better every year with "lessons learned" and they would address, for the most part, any shortcoming owners would find. TrailManor would also have to change things as RV codes would change but that is true about all of the manufacturers.

By in large, the units have not changed in shape nor would they move things around (like where the sink is, or the bathroom). I have a 2011 year unit and have not had a second of buyer's remorse. Secondly, the units cost more due to the fold-down feature and lightness of the unit but these units have a higher re-sale value than other manufacturers. So the cost of ownership is either the same or lower cost at the end of the day.

With a family of five, I would however consider a larger unit. Just my opinion.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote