View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #10
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

I live in Oregon and do worry about putting the trailer away wet. Setup and take down are not that big a deal once you get it down; you really can get it done without being out long. It just kind of drizzles here most of the time when it rains though. I think I might wait out a thunderstorm. If it were pouring rain all day well I always bring a rain coat anyway.

Concerning putting away wet, I have put covers on my vents so I can have them open in a rain storm and I always leave them open if it is wet. I am not sure how effective this is for letting it dry out. When we get home it seem like we always have to open the trailer anyway. Most of the time we have been able to wait for a dry day to put it away. This is probably over kill but I do carry a small long handle squeegee. If we are not going to be opening the trailer for an extended time for some reason I will wait for a break in the rain and use it. There isn't standing water on the trailer but I try and get it as dry as possible.

We have never had a problem with anything being damp inside the trailer or mold growing on the covered shell. These are my main concerns with folding up wet. I am interested as to what others have experienced as I too wonder if it could be a problem and how careful one should be about it.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote