View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

We looked at a number of smaller trailers. Casita, Scamp, MPG, R-Pod, Alpine, and Chalet were all considered. We were impressed with a number of models but I don't think any had free standing shower. You had to use the entire bathroom as a shower stall. We just didn't like that idea for a number of reasons. I think it came down to them feeling too small for extended periods of time. They would be great for a weekend or maybe a week.

We were getting this because we have retired and wanted to be able to travel for whatever period of time it took us to get homesick. It seems like that has turned out to be about 6 weeks. The TM feels like a home away from home. When we are traveling we spend most of our time out of the trailer. We like to hike, sight see, socialize with neighbors and just enjoy new places. It is large enough that we never feel cramped after dark or if the weather forces us in. There have been times where a lot of the day or a few days have been spent inside. Like when we went razor clamming in the winter. It is our second home at the beach, mountains, desert, and river.

There were a few drawbacks to the TM. I had to do something about the chemical smell of the toilet as DW has a nose on her like a bloodhound. The water was a bit of a pain when boondocking. And having to crawl over someone to get out of the bed is not ideal. The first two were fixed with modifications and the last is just something we live with. You can see my modification in my pictures & albums.

We have had it 3 years now and feel the 2720 SL TM is perfect for us and have no regrets having made the decision to buy it. The couch and chair setup in the front is ideal for 2 people. It makes the trailer feel very roomy. It works for 4 just add a camp chair, but it is a bit tight for sleeping. Not only that but there is this wonderful forum with great participants that makes any questions you might have easy to answer. Oh, and the TM will store in our garage.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote