View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Saw the new, wider model of the 2417 today. Factory rep and the local dealer called it the "Classic" model. Kind of recall a "Classic" decal on the unit, but I wouldn't bet your money the decal was there. Memory isn't what it once was.

The wider body is noticeable in the aisle. Definitely more room between counter and toilet/shower stall. Beds are 6" wider. King was 72" wide, and is now 78" wide.

Also with the wider body, they re-configured the toilet/shower, and now have a larger cassette for the toilet. Looks to hold about twice what my "Sport" will hold.

Changed the stove to a fixed 2-burner, where the sink is in the Sport. The sink is now on the lower counter level. Refrigerator is below the stove, so the area below the sink is a wide-open storage cupboard. They also put the power vent above the toilet/shower, instead of over the stove. Guess I am mixed on feelings for that. Nice to suck steam out from the stove, but also good to suck steam and odors out from the bathroom area.

If you are not going to be pulling your camper on narrow Forest Service trails (we will), the wider 2417 would be good. My unit came with 13" tires, but I will change to 15" when I replace the rubber. Already have the lift kit on, so it won't be a problem.

I like the new "Classic" 2417, but I also like my "Sport". More choices, for now.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote