View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 11:44 AM   #4
cardsfan39

Default Re:Trail Manor for Extended Trips

Just got back from 2 1/2 week trip to Colorado to try and determine livability over extended period of time. It seemed to work fine for our type of camping for my wife and I. We spend most of our time outside, even eating out, if the weather is cooperative. Evenings were spent mostly outside playing board games or sitting by a campfire. While we are actually camping, (not on the road to camping location), we prefer to stay at least 1 week at each location. I would not recommend a TM for touring type of camping where you spend 1 or 2 days at a location.
We do set up a portable satellite dish to keep up with the news and something to do in inclement weather.

Eugene has a good idea about the Coleman thermo-electric cooler. We got one for extended stay camping in the summer. We got a small oak finished 2-drawer dresser to set it on so it gives you easy access. To make room we took out the blue rocker since we didn't need the extra seating with just 2 in our TM 3023. We appreciated the extra fridge room. We moved the Coleman to our van while traveling. We kept drinks and lunch in it for on the road. We took it in to the motel room at night ( we decided against staying in a campground while traveling in the Texas 100 heat getting to and from Colorado) We will take the Coleman out for our local fall, winter and spring camping in Texas.