View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
TakingTerns

Thanks for relating your experience. A month ago I was considering a 3124KS and wanting to pull it with my Jeep Liberty. RockyMtnRay and others convinced me that I should think that through a bit more. Someone on the forum referred me to an excellent web site (http://www.rvtowingtips.com/index.html) that has tons of information on matching safe combinations of tow vehicle and trailer. On that site I found a recommendation that a 24 ft trailer should be towed by a TV with a wheelbase of at least 126". My Liberty has a WB of 104", so I see why that might not be a wise combination. Just before I leased the Jeep I had seen the 2007 SportTrac at an auto show, and was really drawn to it. Unfortunately they did not hit the dealers showrooms until after my previous car's lease expired. The 2007 ST has a wheelbase of 130.5"--far better than the Jeep's. With the V8 engine the ST's HP is 292, torque 300 (as opposed to 210/235 in the Liberty). Towing capacity 6640 or 6800??, depending on the source (I now know all the limitations of that number) compared to the Liberty's 5000. When the Jeep's lease is up I'm going to take another look at the SportTrac.