View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
Al-n-Sue

Default We had a similar leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBillandJane View Post
The water is dripping from the upper edge of the grey water tank where it connects to the floor. Location: front side near the drain valves behind the driver's side wheel.
Bill and Jane - we had a similar leak when we got our 2003 3124. Our friends with a 2006 3124 also had a similar problem so I had a hunch where the problem was. I determined that the leak was coming from the shower faucet connections. When I removed the box, I could see the leak around the connector and could also see a warn spot on the outside wall right behind the faucet. Because the PEX type pipe was so stiff I did not try to fix it myself. Turns out (and my friend's problem was the same) the faucet connectors are too long and they rub against the inside wall. After a while, the connector gets a small hairline crack, and starts leaking. My friend, since he was out of warranty, had a local "RV fixit" guy fix it. His fix was to place a wood spacer in front of the faucet box to move the fitting away from the wall. My fix, since I had just bought mine from the dealer, was under warranty. The dealer installed a new faucet which included shorter connectors. He also replace the very stiff PEX type pipe with a more flexible and longer tubing, making it much easier in the future to perform maintenance.
If yours still has the original PEX pipe, it has a crimped fitting that requires a special tool to remove and install.
Hope this helps. Good luck on your trip to Alaska!!
Alan