View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 05:31 PM   #7
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
In your first post, you referred to the CENTER rear clearance light. Is that the center one of the three above the rear window? If so, is that where you plan to mount the camera? If so, why are you messing about with the multi-light turn-brake-etc fixture on the left side?

Bill
My first thought was to tap into the taillight wiring from there, then run conduit up the back to the roof then across the roof to the camera mounted in the center.

I didn't think that I would like the look of that so I started exploring the clearance light wiring. Thanks to "TammyandTony" I was able to pop off the light bezel. It wasn't that easy though because it was all calked over and the lamp itself was glued and screwed to the sheet metal. I had to clean off the calking to find the spot to pry the bezel off.

The camera works great and the signal is better than I hoped for. I'll have to wait and see how it works on the highway.

If I were to do it again, I would just go to the taillight wiring like I 1st intended. Then I would drill a small hole through to the inside and run the decorative conduit or even some white plastic tape over the wire and run it up to the ceiling and though the vent, like I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3645a.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	376.2 KB
ID:	20702   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3644.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	20703