View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I like the idea of the nylon tread-firming belt overlays. I think Padgett has commented on this in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM Pilot
The reason that tire is not listed on Taskmaster's website is that it is a slightly different tire than their "Provider ST Radial". Taskmaster makes this tire exclusively for etrailer.com...
Slightly different tire? This makes me wonder. Who provides the warranty for the tire? Is it Taskmaster or e-trailer? I'm under the impression that if you buy a tire from WalMart or Costco, for example, the thing that makes the tire "slightly different" is that the manufacturer does not warrant it. This means that the mfr can sell the tire to the retailer for a lower price, which is reflected in the price you pay. The warranty then comes from the retailer - WalMart or Costco. The question then becomes whether the warranty is as good as the one provided by the tire manufactuer.

It probably doesn't matter. I've had very poor luck getting anyone to honor the warranty on a tire, so I guess I am kind of bitter. But it will help to know the answer in advance. If you have a failure on the road (where else?), you will at least know who to call.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote