View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I will admit to having used a can of sealer goop on one of my cars (not my TM) with good results.

Bill
Aaaahhhhhhh, I'm melting, I'm melting.

Please say it ain't so, Bill.

Seriously though, even though that is an easy route to take (and sometimes may be the only one you have, depending on where you are when you have a flat), don't be surprised if you do more damage than good by using sealers or flix-a-flat products.

Another consideration that everyone needs to remember (not just for trailers) is that every vehicle under 10,000 gvw manufactured, now has some form of tire pressure monitoring system incorporated. A vast majority of these systems have sensors on the wheel/valve stem that transmit electronically, via a radio signal, information to your vehicle computer. Electronics and fix-a-flat/water/gook products don't play well together.

You're not going to be in a good mood if you have to buy a new sensor because you ruined it. You're really not going to like it when you have to pay a dealer to hook your vehicle up to an OBD tool to register the electronic ID of your new sensor to work with your vehicle. You are absolutely going to hate it, when I say "I told you so".