Thread: Reese WDH
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
Al-n-Sue

The instructions for my WDH from Draw-Tite (just installed 2 days ago) said to set the ball height 3/4" to 1" higher than the hitch - to allow for the rear of the TV to drop. It also said to use the tongue jack to raise the hitch (and the rear of the TV) an inch or so to assist with the chain hookup. When the hitch just puts weight on the ball and you can close the coupler, then crank it up 3/4" to 1". That makes the chains eaiser to attatch. I hooked up at 5 links and it worked great. Before jacking up the hitch/ball combo, I could barely get the last link hooked.
My brackets also bump up against the propane tanks - but I have a solid plastic cover that is a little bigger. I may have to cut it out a bit to allow the bracket to move forward. The chain has the slightest angle when it is hooked up. It should hang straight down.
Hope this helps.
Others may have better suggestions - I've only hooked mine up once, but it seemed to work pretty well on a short trip around the block. I'll test it out more this weekend on a short shakedown camping trip.
Alan