Thread: Reese WDH
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
agesilaus

Default Reese WDH

OK we got our Reese WDH (good deal one eBay with quick delivery). And after some difficulty getting it installed (bolts were too long on the brackets and were hitting one propane tank) I got it hooked up. I leveled the TM with a level on the fridge and measured the tow socket height at 15.5 inches. I set the WDH at that height and then attached the bars.

No matter what we did we could only get the chain on the very last link. Tilting the ball backward only made it worse and pointed the bars down into the dirt.. This did not even out the TV with the front wheel well measurement still being up by 1.5 inches over the rear measurement.

On the last link the bars are parallel to the road surface and while pulling the TM the ride is much smoother with no odd jerks and no bouncing when you hit a bump. I was able to *force* the bar chain up to the second link but that left the bars not parallel and pointing up just like the Reese instructions warn you against.

So should I leave this alone or do something else? All I can think to do is to move the ball up one notch which would mean that the TM would no longer be exactly level.

I read thru the instructions again in the library but didn't see anything that we are doing wrong.