View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 11:46 AM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Trailmanor quality and durability

Vic,

The things that you described are not just applicable to a Trailmanor trailer. We had a 1994 3326 King for 8 years before we traded it in on a 2002 3326 King. Bryant's RV in Dallas Pa. did not see the trailer, but I had taken pictures with me to show the owner what the trailer looked like. From the pictures, he gave us a figure for the cost of the new trailer and the trade in. I told him that it was in excellent condition, but I'm sure he heard that story before. We took the trailer down on a Saturday, and people from New Jersey came up on Sunday and bought it. They could not believe the condition of the unit. Because the furniture had a white background, we had slip covers made for the cushions. The furniture looked just like new. The rug was always shampooed so it looked  like new. The outside was washed every time we took it camping. I also used Protect All wax on it. You spray it on and then wipe it off. Sure gives a nice shine. Every 2 or 3 years, I would spray paint the tongue and the frame to keep it looking new. Every Spring, the inside got a cleaning from top to bottom. Never had any mold or mildew growing on anything.  If a screw came loose, you tightened it up so nothing else could break. It all boils down to one thing: How meticulous are you about your investment?? We paid too much for it to just let it deteriorate. Anything that you buy, you have to take care of it. I have been in many expensive motorhomes and trailers, and I could not believe my eyes. Things were broken  and filthy. So it's not just a Trailmanor.  There were many times when we were camping and people would ask about our new trailer. I would say that the new trailer was 7 or 8 years old. They just could not believe it. Like anything, you  have to put a little elbow grease into it to keep it nice. If you did nothing to your car or home, it would not take long before they looked pretty bad!!!! We are on our 3rd Trailmanor, and I have never had the problems that you described. I would not be afraid to recommend buying a Trailmanor to anyone. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Glad to answer anything.

Happy Trailmanor Owner

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote