View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 04:44 AM   #7
arknoah

Default Re: Need advice on whether to buy a used 1991

Rick,

A couple of things to keep in mind about a Trailmanor of that age is that the velcro that holds the flaps down (to keep out the air when the unit is opened) may be in need of replacement.  There are several threads on this site that should help you figure out how to do that effectively.  You may also find some seals, such as in the toilet may be in need of replacement.  Neither of these two things should deter you from purchase.

It takes me about 4 minutes to set it up, separate from leveling the unit and without rushing.  I usually do this alone -- when my wife helps, it can be a minute or so shorter.  One of the reasons we picked the Trailmanor versius the Hi-Lo was the lower weight.  A second big reason is the space inside.  When a Hi-Lo or Tow-Lite are opened up, all they usually do is go up. Trailmanor has the advantage of opening out as well, so you actually have more living space inside.  Having said that, there is a new Hi-Lo model with a real side slide out, and that's gonna be hard to beat when it comes to interior space.