View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 07:52 AM   #1

Default Need advice on whether to buy a used 1991

Hello all, I am SO glad I finally found a forum such as this with Trailmanor info, believe me I have been looking for some time.

After 4 campers in 4 years the wife and I finally agreed that speedy travel and relative ease of setup were our two top camping priorities.

That left us with Aliner, Hi Lo and TrailManor as viable candidates. I have throughouly reserached Aliner and Hi Lo on other disucssion forums but just having found this, would appreicate any of your owner thoughts as to "why TrailManor" vs. the other two.

Second, clearly TrailManor is much more expensive, not saying it is not worth it. For that reason I went on rvtrader and found a used, 1991 Model 26 at a dealer between our home and my wife's daughters in WI, meaning we can get to it and back to with some regularity.

I am wondering, based on TrailManor quality, what type of shape could I expect a 1991 to be in? Assuming it had normal use. How many more years of use should I expect with no major problems such as structural problems, walls rotting (do walls rot in TrailManors) etc?

Are there any major service issues that would be likely to crop up in a '91? Any key things we should look at? (Going to see it in December)?

Finally, we are curious, how long does it REALLY take to lift up, open and set up a TrailManor? Plus in reverse. No cheery underestimates please, the real deal. Ease of setup is our key.

I will probably post a lot next week or so if you are all willing. Would really like to "get the whole scoop."

Thanks, Rick P/Jamestown ND