View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Hello again I can honestly tell you the Disco is a GREAT tow vehicle as long as you remember it is a shorter wheelbase. It is heavier than most similar SUVs although IMO there isn't a comparison in all reality. I don't have any special equipment per-say. Although before I ever started towing I upgraded the Rotors (Drilled & Slotted) & Brakes (Pad with great grabbing & very little dust)

I also run with a EAZ-Lift bar WDH which out of the box is a good fit with Anti Sway Bar just for the extra safety even though probably not needed.

I would be glad to talk with you on the phone if you need more info.

I am an avid Land Rover Owner so I really understand this vehicle & its limitations better than most although I am always learning. The best thing I have purchased has been my Ultra Gauge which helps you know live status of the different sensors.

I can also tell you I put my P3 Controller where the Ash Tray went & it was a great fit & not in the way since we don't smoke.

Oh it is cool there may be another Disco user on TMO. I have been towing with ours since 2008 when we purchased our 3023 if that helps any.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote