View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
nolleymj

Default Thank You

Thank you for all the information. I recently have been trying to downsize my life and make things simpler. I purchased a Volvo V70 wagon to use as an everyday driver, and replace the Discovery, because it still had a towing capacity of 3300# and should be able to pull the 2500# trailer. I was wrong. Towing completely empty with the only thing in the Volvo being me, well lets just say it wasn't pretty. My monitoring system shows I normally get 28 - 30 on the highway. That dropped to 8 with the trailer. Even with a transmission cooler I am not willing to do that to my car, much less the safety issues involved. So I figured once I had to have a separate to vehicle anyway, I might as well not be as cramped in the trailer, so we bought a TM 3124, the 3 dogs are 100# each, and we don't have to crawl over one another to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. As long as the Discovery can tow it I will just keep it and fix a few of its issues. Do you ever carry a generator and fuel with you? How do you handle that? Maybe at some point I will look into a Tundra or Titan, I can't handle the thought of an F250 or something like that in my driveway, but my general goal right now is to get rid of stuff. Once again thank you for all the information. We are currently trying to size the distribution hitch.