View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #9
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Wow, that was an old old thread. Congrats to MtnGuy just for being able to find it!
I cheated some on that find. I remember that I had been in a discussion on this before, so I typed in "thermostat" and my user name, and came up with only a couple of threads that applied. I found the link to your thread farily quickly.

Quote:
The thermostat that was pictured in that thread hasn't been used in TMs for several years. It was perfectly good - TM just began using another. I recognize the new one by the fact that it has rounder edges on the cover. However, if you pop the cover off the new one, you will find the same circular cycle-adjust mechanism inside that is pictured in the old thread.
I had the circular kind.

Quote:
I haven't been able to understand the lure of a digital thermostat (other than programmability, which can be useful). It senses air temp in the same place in the TM, using effectively the same type of sensor, and responds just as fast (or slow) as a mechanical unit.
Our factory thermostat worked great after the adjustment. I set the thermostat to the general temperature that we wanted, then adjusted accordingly after a cycle or 2.

Quote:
Of course a digital thermostat for the TM does require a battery which, if it dies, will leave you with no heat.
Bill
Good point.