View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
Wavery
TrailManor Master

The biggest advantage to the digital thermostat is that you aren't "guessing" at what temp you are setting. The old thermostat is very hard to read.

The digital thermo also displays the inside temp and you don't have to get down on your knees to read the analog needle that may or may not be accurate. The needle has about a 1/8" travel for every 5 degrees.

The other big advantage is that the "on/off" switch is much more user friendly. That little switch on the old one is hard to switch and I can never remember which way was on or off so I had to get on my knees and look under the thermostat to see which way to push the thing.

The Lux "Smart" thermostat seems to control the heater much better. When in bed, we don't feel the temp variance that we used to. I used to push my covers off at night, then wake up freezing. We don't experience that anymore. It's more like being at home.

The thermostat does take 2-AA batteries but they last for years. Ours has been in there for over a year. Now that you brought it up, I may change the batteries before next winter.