View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #7
fishpondwest

In California the top trailer towing speed is 55MPH so when I tow here I try to keep it under 60. We've been to East Texas a couple of times, to the East coast and down the atlantic coast and up the pacific coast into Oregon. All with the original Goodyear Marathons. I keep them inflated to 60PSI cold and check them each day we travel before leaving. The only flat I've had was in the trailer storage area at home and it turned out to be a torn valve stem. The curb side tire has a little more irregular wear than the street side tire due to there be more irregularities in the highway pavement on the curb side. Also a little bit of "cupping" which my trailer guy says is due to bounce. The wheels have never been balanced and after being looked at by my trailer maintenance person and a tire shop, they both said they didn't think it was necessary and never do it. They did say if the wear on the curb side got noticebly worse we could swap the curb side tire to the street side or get into a rotation schedule with the spare.
so far I have no complaints about the tires.
Dan