View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #21
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRay60 View Post
Just bought a 2008 2720. Had a 4" PVC pipe mounted to the tounge of the trailer that had the sewer hose in it. The problem was you had to take off the fittings everytime to get the hose to fit in the 4" tube. That was a pain. Plus it was kind of ugly. Next size PVC is 6", way to big. I found a 4 3/4" square white PVC fence post at Lowes. Cut it down to 5' and mounted the end cap on one end with 2 SS screws. I found a white offset self closing hinge in the cabinet section and mounted it to the other end with another end cap aslo using SS bolts and lock nuts. I mounted it under the back of the tounge right behind the battery box using some very heavy duty cable ties around the frame. (May come up with a more permenant mounting device later). Works great! new rhino hose with fittings fit great. It got dark by time I got it mounted so I will add those pics later.
Here is a little story, I went to Lowes this morning to check out the fence post, they only had one, and it was a return 8’. They don’t handle this PVC fence stuff anymore only special order. Well they had a price tag on it for $25.00 and I said you got to be NUTS this is your last one, I will give you $10.00 and that is it. He made a couple of calls and said no problem and the the end caps were a dollar each. They are a little different but I can live with that. Now I got pictures of the install and get to work on this, it should be pretty easy.

Thanks for this

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1778.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	6905