View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Question More Thetford Good & Bad

Ok our Thetford now has a few issues now.

Before I go into all of the issues & ask my question I wanted to give Thetford a Thumbs up for their handling of our issues. After talking to customer service about the issues with our Thetford Electra Magic. Long story short Thetford said they would replace the whole Electra Magic because ours had too many issues. Due to arrive on Monday.

THANKS THETFORD!!!!

It all started with our last trip the Thetford started leaking when pumping. I took it apart which wasn't that hard. found it had a few issues. Also found it to be fairly clean for being used as a full time restroom for 3 people.

1. The Slide-EZ-Valve wasn't sealing good because the gasket was folding over. I fixed this by carefully sliding the valve shut with the gasket held in place. Then I used some spray oil & let it soak in for a few days.

I also purchased a gasket rebuild for the valve although may not need for a while now.

2. The Pump housing had one Bolt very loose & the other 3 were also a little loose. This was easily fixed with a wrench & Screw Driver.

3. There was a condensation build up in the level gage. Dried out on its on but would expect it to return again.

4. Biggest issue & seems to have been the main cause of the leak. The plastic elbow seems to have not been cemented properly so it worked loose causing a major leak.

Now this is the one I need help with. I suppose I can re-glue it again with something like PVC Cement or is there a different glue to be used on this type of plastic? Is this plastic used for the bowl actually PVC or something else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0313.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	810.1 KB
ID:	5074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0316.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	842.2 KB
ID:	5075  

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4