View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 04:28 PM   #9
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

The new drums are on their way, and trying to find an automotive machine shop that can get anything done in less than 2 weeks around here is hard… not many and they are busy. I’ll see if I can track down a shop though.

I’ll probably put the new drums on it - will have new surfaces to go with the new shoes and magnets, new bearings…. I’ll hang on to the old drums and get them in to a machine shop and see what they say. I still have the bearings, races are still in the hub. If they need it, and can be machined - armature and brake surface - then I’ll hang on to them, and maybe swap them back in when the time comes - they are Dexters after all.

I’m just limited for time right now. I’m heading out in early July and don’t want to be pushing things right to just prior to leaving. I want to have the time to get brakes on, tires on, get it out on the road to seat the brake shoes (burnish) and have lots of time to spare. And I still have to get up on top and install the soft start in the ac and adjust the shell heights.

I would like to have at least 1 week before I’m heading out that I don’t have to do anything except pack . And I can’t work 4 or 5 hours at a stretch anymore. As Danny Glover would say “I’m getting too old for this s***”. Takes about 3 tries to get my backside back up off the ground these days….