View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 05:51 PM   #4
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Thank you! Not knowing what electric brakes wear like, it was hard for me to tell. I do have new hubs coming, but they won’t be here till late next week and I can return them if I don’t need them . The new assemblies will be here this week. Had to do at least new shoes because of the nasty cracks in the shoes on the curbside. See the pics. I was quite sad when I saw those shoes. Hoped I could get away with a clean and repack of the bearings. So decided to replace the whole backplate. Easier and almost the same cost as just finding shoes! And easier to replace. The moving parts are stiff - surface rust and a lot of sitting before I got it. I actually wonder if the PO had his controller set up properly and the brakes ever engaged completely. He was in the prairies, so no hills to worry about - flat terrain all the time. Drove 45 km to a full service campground once a season. Figure to keep the magnets from the old back plates as spares.

I’ll reassemble those hubs when the brake assemblies get here - bearings and races also look wonderful, have been cleaned of old grease & repacked. Seals are coming so I can put everything back on by end of the week. I’ll test the new brakes with the original drums before I take it on the road for a trial run and seat the shoes. Want to make sure the magnet has got a good grip on that surface. If anything seems off, I’ll put the new hubs on. If it’s all good, I’ll return them and save a few hundred $$!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CBA6F782-E236-4CEB-A2A9-36091F2F2123.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	453.8 KB
ID:	22103   Click image for larger version

Name:	136E874E-F66B-4689-B2A0-B94CC05454CF.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	381.3 KB
ID:	22104