View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 01:37 PM   #6
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

With a family of 4, we can go about 2 days with the toilet. Our grey water tank fills up much faster because I can't get the rest of the family to conserve re: washing dishes, hands, showers etc.

For the toilet, I'm thinking of getting one of those blue totes that hook up to the hitch ball. I don't have a pickup truck so lifting it into the truck bed is not an option. Keep in mind, the grey water is supposed to help rinse out the pipes when emptying the toilet, so I'd get one large enough to flush out the black water at least a little, if you are keeping a toilet that connects to hookups.

For grey water conservation: use a small Rubbermaid tub in the kitchen sink. Use the least amount of water for washing the first few items (usually plastics). Then use a thin stream of warm water to rinse into the tub. By the time you are finished washing and rinsing, your tub will be full and you can use that water for soaking the next load of dishes.

Shower: navy shower. Use the bare minimum water to wet yourself down, stop the water. Soap and shampoo. Then rinse using the least amount of water possible. It takes practice. I got an RV Oxygenics which mixes more air into the water. Works quite nicely.

On private properties, if the sanitary cleanout is located conveniently, you may be able to dump your waste into the cleanout. I made an adapter so that it sits in snugly. The last think I would want is to have a spill in my neighbourhood! (I am careful to not keep it connected in my neighbourhood in case some nosey neighbours complain.)

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote