Thread: Arctic package?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 09:22 PM   #10
Dodge trucker

I never said anything that I was ever planning to use this or any camper when it's that cold... but the seller mentioned this several times.... he'd said that the original owner "added lots of options" to this particular camper... from what I see in the binder including the original reciept from when bought new and there's no mention of any add ons besides $188 for a 2nd blue chair.
It does appear though that this may have been a "floor model" of some sort, though and from what I know of from being associated with the car industry most of my life, I know that "demo" or "showroom models" usually have all the bells and whistles available just so any potential customers can see what they "could" get on their own.

I like the concept of a TM, the setup and take down will take a few go rounds to get used to the right order and all the necessary "steps" involved, (I took it down today in my yard for the 1st time since I set it up upon bringing it home) but I'm beginning to wonder if I got screwed on this particular example. I'll be able to use it the roughly once a month or so we typically go camping during the warm months for a while.... couple-few years maybe.... and it does have things my old Apaches didn't (AC, some actual room to move about within, a bigger fridge, actual storage space, and more) and all of the features do in fact work, (the "real" ones that really did come with it) but the rear roof section is definitely gonna need some attention (or a replacement off of another 3023 that is "junk" in some other way) eventually. The front definitely has a dome to it, the rear section don't/ its more obvious now that I have taken it down and am able to actually see the disparity between the front and rear shell halves....and the gaps around the door, etc.
Dodge trucker is offline   Reply With Quote