View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #42
M&M Hokie

I just finished my first towing test drive with the new TV I purchased last Friday. Wow what a difference! I mounted the WDH but did not really crank it up. (I discovered when I got back home that there was actually almost slack in the chains as a matter of fact.) I didn't bother doing extensive measurements of sag or anything but just wanted to get a feel for how things felt driving some country roads, hills, and interstate.

I plan on doing a real science project set of measurements on a truck scale in the next month or so when the TV and TM are configured for a trip but I think that all it will do is tell me what I already know: the Tundra kicks tail. (I am really spoiled because I drive by a truck scale on commute to work and it is free to use and always operating. I don't even need to get out of the car to get axle-by-axle data because it has a clear readout.)

The TV never felt pushed around by TM. On the Sienna, I would get some real "coupled loading" that could be unpleasant on moderately bumpy roads. The only time I even got a hint of coupled loading with the Tundra was on a severely rutted road through a winery but the magnitude was nothing like I would have experienced with the Sienna under those speed/road conditions. Braking was a yawner. This wasn't a trip ready configuration and I can't remember how much water I might have remaining in the fresh water tank but I still think it was a clear indication that I have a nice set up.

Signed,
Happy in Cali...