View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #9
MikeD
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Replacing A/C power cord with twist lock connector

Wade,

Quote:
In drilling thru the floor, did you go from the top (inside TM) or from up under the floor in order to ensure you would not hit the frame or something else important?
On my 2004, TM had already put the mousehole on the side of the bumper and not the bottom, and routed the power cord into the bumper. All I had to do was remove the mousehole, and drill three small screw hole from the outside to allow me to attach the twist lock connector. The mousehole was fit into the hole drilled by TM into side of the bumper and this hole was the perfect size for the Twistlock.

Quote:
Also, what did you do with the old mouse hole? What I would like to do is have two receptacles available, one under the TM for getting the fridge ready while closed, and another in the mouse hole for regular use. Would probably use two pieces of romax off the converter to the plugs.
I just tossed the old mousehole. It turns out that the hole is positioned perfectly for use with my TM is closed. This is one of the things I really like about this. Before a trip, I load up the TM, turn on the fridge, take out the power cord, and close everything up. I am then able to plug the TM into shore power and run the fridge on 12v through the converter the night before we take off.

Quote:
Lastly, how do you keep the receptable door closed under the TM since it's mounted upside down?
Mine is mounted on the side of the bumper, so the outside door just flips down and clicks shut. I haven't had any problem with it popping open.

I hope this helped -- Mike
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote